Monday 29 January 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 'Get Inky and Messy'

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Chanya is hosting today and our challenge is 'Get Inky and Messy'  .


As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge.

 Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:

 
 
I started with a sheet of mixed media paper.
 
 
Distress Oxide inks, just rub these straight onto the paper.

 
Spray lightly with water and allow it to drip down so that it blends.
If you don't want the blended effect but want to keep the colours clean then apply one ink at a time, spray, drip and dry each one before adding the next.

 
I used the following piece to dry the inks and as you can see you are left with another interesting piece which can be used for another project.


Next I used these dies to cut the coloured paper.

 
To complete the card I began by stamping on the card blank with a text stamp and then started to add the die cut pieces.
Some of the pieces on the card are those left-over sections after cutting the main pieces. I'm sure you will see that these shapes may be waste but they fit really well with the actual die cuts.

 
A little more stamping.
I especially like the faux stitching.
 
 
I took the main die cut piece and using a blending tool covered the edge with black ink. This technique will give more depth to the main image as it produces a shadow around the edge then stamped on the sentiment.

 
Then attached it to the card with 3D foam stickers after adding some coloured yarn for extra texture, and interest.

 
I finished this off with coloured sequins.


 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Artistic Stamper - Creative Challenge#1 2018-Anything Goes.
Country View Challenges: January 2018 - Anything Goes.
Happy Little Stampers: January Anything Goes with Dies.

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Challenge #131-Anything Goes

24 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Fab make Angela, I love the colours and that Carabelle stamp.
Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges!

Redanne said...

Great colour choices and I love your finished card! Apologies for being missing again, I have been away. Anne xx

Helen said...

Love it! Not seen that die before, its fabulous.

SewPaperPaint said...

I am crazy over this! It's just gorgeous! Well done sweetie. Hugs, Autumn

Sue said...

This is brilliant Angela, I love your bright colours and that's a really good die, I've not seen this one before. Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week. Sue xx

Jane Elizabeth France said...

I love love love everything about this card, just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge. X

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous card Angela, love those stamps and layers upon your background and how you have used that marvellous die. Super make.
Thank you for sharing.. Warm wishes Tracey x

Margaret Mifsud said...


This is really gorgeous Angela!! The tutorial is brilliant and I love the shape of the die cut. Fabulous background and wonderful quote too!! Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

Cara said...

A fabulous card, thanks for sharing the step by step. I love that sentiment too x

pam said...

Gorgeous work as usual Angela, fabulous colour inks you have used, wonderful stamping and details.
Hugs Pam x

laurie said...

Love the sentiment..goes perfectly with your design!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Macimbalo said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful . Love the colours and design. Have a creative week. Judy

crafty said...

Love the colours and it sounds great fun to make. I'll have to buy some of the inks!
Mary

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love this Angela! Love the background and your choice of colours and what a great die!! Hugs, Chrisx

Candy C said...

Angela...these are very cool journal pages. Love the blended Distress ink colors and how you've let them run and drip. The ink blotch die cuts are wonderful. Love the sentiment you've stamped on one as well. Very nice layout of your pages. Also...thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment.

Yvonne Garner said...

What a cool card you have created! So many details to absorb. Love your color choices too. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

Jackie PN said...

What a way cool piece Angela!! I love those dies and what you did with them- you are so clever,girlfriend!! Beautiful work!
Hugs,Jackie xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous design Angela. Love the colours, the die and especially the sentiment

Happy crafting

June x

Evelyn Walter said...

Love your card, Angela! The background looks fab and the sentiment is absolutely gorgeous, especially on this great diecut piece!
Thank you for joining in with our January challengen at Country View Challenges!
Evelyn

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is fabulous, Angela - and I love the step by step. I've not played much with the oxides, by will have to give them a try now!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge. Apologies for lateness of posting :)

Josephine said...

Lovely. I do like the Distress Oxide background - I may have to to splash out on some of these inks!

Kelly said...

Love how your colors matches your quote! Thanks for introducing me to this challenge. Creative Blessings, friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10